Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Alltrack DSG SEL
First vw, first post!

I had been eyeing a Golf Alltrack for about 3 months, and finally pulled the trigger in September. Picking up a 2018 SEL with 33k miles on it! One owner, same dealership for all service records, yes please.

Fast forward a month and I brought it in for its 30k mile maintenance and inspection. The 30k maintenance alone is about $550 at my dealership (Denver). Although pricey, I felt it was worth it for my first time. Fast forward to today, and they had the chance to bring it in for inspection.

Coolant Reservoir Fluid Change - $311
Serp Belt Replacement - $379
Alignment with Calibration - $599
Large Platinum Fuel Service - $550

I had done my research and knew VW maintenance was a bit more expensive, yet, necessary to keep them running for a long time. But some of these prices.... My biggest question is on the alignment and fuel services. I understand the need for new coolant, it was pretty dark, and Serp belt (even though the ECS kit is only $209, not $379), is making noise.

How necessary is the fuel service? I'm currently at 34k miles, and getting roughly ~28mpg mixed driving during commuting hours in the city and highway.

Alignment... I've read mixed reviews. I know alignments at the name brand shops are around $179-200. Usually for lifetime, but some don't have the ability to calibrate. How necessary is the calibration? Has anyone ever experienced getting an alignment without calibration, and having issues?

Love my car, but I don't want to shell out $2,500 after buying it a month ago, if it isn't all necessary!

Attachments

OP
S
Reactions
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Alltrack DSG SEL
Thread Starter #3
I ended up doing the 30k maintenance, coolant flush (was a little dark) and serpentine belt (was squeaking). I found an independent shop that can do alignment with calibration as low as $200 and the fuel cleaning I knew was BS.

I'm happy with how it feels after I got it back. I'm still chasing down an interesting chirp/squeak noise from the front passenger wheel area. Only when turning left, not straight or right. I thought it was tire squeaking on concrete at first, but it's only when turning left. I'll try and take a video and see if anyone can identify. Dealer said they couldn't replicate - of course.