What car did you trade in for your Golf Alltrack?

Reactions
Curious to know what cars you guys traded in for the Golf Alltrack?

I recently traded in my 2014 Fiesta ST for an Alltrack, needed something a bit bigger for our family.

Reactions
I regretfully sold my Amarok to buy my "sensible" Alltrack due to family circumstances. The Amarok was a great touring vehicle which I modified for our needs.
Don't get me wrong. The Alltrack is a great little car, but the Amarok was a labour of love.

Sleeper

Reactions
Great looking truck Wenchy. I'd have a hard time letting that go.

We traded a 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander (115k miles) and a 2014 Subaru Forester (35k miles)

The Alltrack is way more fun than our trade-ins, but the back seat is much smaller for our 3yr old twins.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
2013 Subaru Impreza

Miks7

Reactions
I traded my 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback. I purchased this new, I traded in my 2009 VW Golf 2 door on the vehicle.

The reason I went with a Mazda...well, was my local VW dealer isn't a deal maker, they go with "sticker is quicker" and refuse to put together a deal that makes on feel good. Nonetheless, I purchased the Mazda because they are known as "drivers cars" and I would admit, it did have some fun handling. It also had a very high tech engine, a 2.0 SkyActive engine that had a compression ratio of 13 to 1 but you can operate it on regular octane gas..no premium required!

Mazda actually did a nice job on the car, was built well, and I would get 40 miles per gallon at 65 miles per hour...highest was 53 miles per gallon at 65 and a tailwind, lowest was 34. The car rode well, was quiet, and high tech equipment with the tech package, I thought I would enjoy the car and I did...it was the closest thing to a German engineered car that I hae owned. I purchased a new 2007 Mercedes C class when I traded my VW Jetta wagon in, and although the Mercedes was a nice car, it wasn't as practical as the Volkswagon was.

So...I tool my Alltrack for a drive today, and can't say enough about what a GREAT vehicle this is. The 1.8 turbo responds SO MUCH better than the Mazda engine for sure. The transmission on the VW seems to be a lot more precise, which Mazda seemed to own the lock up on gears with the 6 speed automatic. The VW brings to the table such a solid and safe feeling on the road, precise handling and yet a pretty good ride. The QUALITY of materials is very nice, the seats being firm but comfortable, I am absolutely enjoying taking this car out just to go drive it...and I don't like driving cars that often! I am more into motorcycles, have owned 39 of them so far :)

I am actually looking forward to that first snow of the season, pretty excited about getting this car out in the snow to experience the 4Motion and play around with the various modes.

Compared to the Subaru Outback, this car just smokes it! I don't know if you have owned or driven the Subaru, but they are soul-less and sterile to the point that boring is the best choice of words. They don't come close to anything that that Alltrack offers for a driving experience OR interior appointments! You just can't beat a Volkswagon for these qualities, it is an amazing vehicle in many ways.

nilly

Reactions
I traded my 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback. I purchased this new, I traded in my 2009 VW Golf 2 door on the vehicle.

The reason I went with a Mazda...well, was my local VW dealer isn't a deal maker, they go with "sticker is quicker" and refuse to put together a deal that makes on feel good. Nonetheless, I purchased the Mazda because they are known as "drivers cars" and I would admit, it did have some fun handling. It also had a very high tech engine, a 2.0 SkyActive engine that had a compression ratio of 13 to 1 but you can operate it on regular octane gas..no premium required!

Mazda actually did a nice job on the car, was built well, and I would get 40 miles per gallon at 65 miles per hour...highest was 53 miles per gallon at 65 and a tailwind, lowest was 34. The car rode well, was quiet, and high tech equipment with the tech package, I thought I would enjoy the car and I did...it was the closest thing to a German engineered car that I hae owned. I purchased a new 2007 Mercedes C class when I traded my VW Jetta wagon in, and although the Mercedes was a nice car, it wasn't as practical as the Volkswagon was.

So...I tool my Alltrack for a drive today, and can't say enough about what a GREAT vehicle this is. The 1.8 turbo responds SO MUCH better than the Mazda engine for sure. The transmission on the VW seems to be a lot more precise, which Mazda seemed to own the lock up on gears with the 6 speed automatic. The VW brings to the table such a solid and safe feeling on the road, precise handling and yet a pretty good ride. The QUALITY of materials is very nice, the seats being firm but comfortable, I am absolutely enjoying taking this car out just to go drive it...and I don't like driving cars that often! I am more into motorcycles, have owned 39 of them so far :)

I am actually looking forward to that first snow of the season, pretty excited about getting this car out in the snow to experience the 4Motion and play around with the various modes.

Compared to the Subaru Outback, this car just smokes it! I don't know if you have owned or driven the Subaru, but they are soul-less and sterile to the point that boring is the best choice of words. They don't come close to anything that that Alltrack offers for a driving experience OR interior appointments! You just can't beat a Volkswagon for these qualities, it is an amazing vehicle in many ways.
I too traded in my 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback for my Alltrack. Family is growing and the Mazda was just a bit short on space for my needs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
2011 Ford Focus diesel..... cheap car to run re fuel and services, but lotsa problems !

Reactions
A 2013 VW Passat SE. My very first VW. Nice car, never had a problem. Traded it in with 35k miles. My wife had a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen and I swore it would be my next car. When the Alltrack came out, I knew what my next car would be. Could not be happier.

Craig1

Reactions
You furriners get all the cool cars: that one certainly isn't available in the States (sigh).
I wish I had traded a car in: the Alltrak was to replace my 2008 Ford Ranger, which was totaled when a texter ran into the back of me at over 40 mph while I was stopped at a light.
So, no trade in there, but my car before that was a Jetta TDI which I sold back to VW for more than I paid for it new (diesel-gate scandal).
Glad to be back in the VW family.

Craig

myseven

Reactions
I traded my Red 2016 Audi TT, with the new baby, it was hard to fit her in the Audi TT rear seat.
The Audi only had 7,000 miles on it. A great car, just not a baby seat capacity car.
New car is a 2017 VW Alltrack, Red with the glass sun roof.
New Alltrack has paddle shifters like the Audi TT.
Great in the snow with the all season tires. The Audi TT needed snow tires mounted on extra wheels
to get thru the snow.

OP
ATXGolf
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Congrats [MENTION=133]myseven[/MENTION]

PaulGiz

Reactions
2012 Golf 3-door with Convenience Package, 5MT, 152,000 miles.

Great little car.

Alltrack is miles better.

Nokian

Reactions
2012 Passat TDI. I guess, technically it wasn't a trade in, more like a shot-gun divorce. Regardless, we are absolutely thrilled with our 2017 Alltrack SE.

RL331

Reactions
2003 B5.5 Passat. Love every minute with it. Never had any issues but we needed more trunk space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arm&Hammer

Reactions
I've owned a 2003 Subaru Outback for 15 years and just traded in for a 2017 Golf Alltrack. They feel similar in that their dimensions and size are similar, ride height is about the same but the VW is more fun to drive, quieter, more comfortable, faster, better gas mileage, all in all, a better car. But the VW is much more complicated in electronics, suspension and its drive-train. I have not had a single problem in 15 years with the Subaru except it was rusting out. I'm hoping the VW will last at least 10 years without any problems.

RobynNJ

Reactions
Hoping for a private sale before my Alltrack arrives, but if not, I will be trading in a 2002 Grand Cherokee. It has served its purpose and not let me down but dear God I hate driving it. Can't wait to be rid of the SUV and back in a wagon!

lvrwisc

Reactions
How was moving from an Audi the Alltrack? Any dropdown in quality that you really notice? I've got an aging '09 Audi Avant and see the Alltrack as one of the only viable replacement options.

I traded my Red 2016 Audi TT, with the new baby, it was hard to fit her in the Audi TT rear seat.
The Audi only had 7,000 miles on it. A great car, just not a baby seat capacity car.
New car is a 2017 VW Alltrack, Red with the glass sun roof.
New Alltrack has paddle shifters like the Audi TT.
Great in the snow with the all season tires. The Audi TT needed snow tires mounted on extra wheels
to get thru the snow.

Joncoulson

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
I traded in my 2018 Audi s4 sport it was a lease and I was over on miles they pretty much bailed me out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steviep63

Reactions
Traded my 2014 Jetta SE. I would have considered a 2019 Jetta, but no 1.8 available in the US and torsion bar rear suspension had me looking at Golfs. The deal on the Alltrack was just too good to pass up.