City
DeLand
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
Sad day today. I opened my case with VW to return/trade in my 2017 Alltrack. This car has had seven invoices for the sunroof leak, 123 days and counting.

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your problems. Any idea what you're going to get instead?

OP
G

Greta2017

Reactions
City
DeLand
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
Thread Starter #3
Wish it could be another Alltrack without pano. I did test drive a Tiguan. I think my husband and family would be more comfortable in it since there is more passenger space. The low profile of the Alltrack makes it difficult for him to get in and out. Fits me like a glove ;)

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wish it could be another Alltrack without pano. I did test drive a Tiguan. I think my husband and family would be more comfortable in it since there is more passenger space. The low profile of the Alltrack makes it difficult for him to get in and out. Fits me like a glove ;)
The new Tiguan is a beautiful car and probably something I would get if I was in the market.

Reactions
The old Tiguan is smaller but the new Tiguan is larger than the Alltrack. What is your budget? Are you limited to VWs?

Reactions
Having owned 2 and 6 wagon loaners over the past year.....There are many causes of the pano leaks: weld defect, spider traps getting clogged, pinched rear tubes, rail attachment not fully sealed, antenna seal and rear hatch drain tube issue. As you can see our Alltrack has many QC and poor build quality issues. The main issue for the 2017 and early 2018s was the weld defect as noted in the VW pano leak TSB, but the latter problems still exist in the latter model years. On the later 2018 and 2019 If you take out the spider traps and make sure the rear drain tubes are routed properly you probably have a better than 50/50 chance it won’t leak. My 2019 is 7 months old now and no leaks.......so far.

Reactions
The Tiguan has not received very good reliability ratings from Consumers Report. The Alltrack does better. As I have noted in other threads, without a six year warranty, I would have opted for a Mazda CX-5. Even with the warranty, I think I would prefer the Mazda to the Tiguan. BUT...the new Tiguan is longer than most "compact" SUVs. The Tiguan is 185" long whereas the CX-5 is 179" long; on the other hand the CX-5 is slightly wider than the Tiguan ... 73: compared to 72:. And, of course, what I would prefer doesn't matter...all that counts is what you and your spouse prefer.

OP
G

Greta2017

Reactions
City
DeLand
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Alltrack
Thread Starter #8
My hitch is being put on Greta 2.0 at this moment. Stayed with Alltrack 2019. NO pano! With one friend and numerous acquaintances still driving their Golf Wagon after 10+years I couldn't resist. This model fits me and my lifestyle.

Reactions
City
Toronto
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Golf Alltrack 2018
For my 2018 Alltrack up here in Canada, we had a fix notice for the pano roof. About time...thx to all those in the US involved in the Class Action driving them to some accountability.