Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

front lower control arms, custom

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
hey guys if you want some more performance out of the suspension then i found something you all would want to check out.
http://www.epiceurotuning.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EETMK7LCA

these are customizable front lower control arms.
about $525.00 usd

they will are great for those who want more feel and control. its not for those who are looking for comfort.
it includes:

Left and Right arms.
4 Chromoly Telflon Lined Heim Joints.
8 Misalignment Spacers.
4 Jam Nuts.

they can also be painted to four different colors but they may have more options if you ask.

description:

Front lower control arms designed with tubular construction to replace the stamped metal stock version. These were designed purely with performance in mind. With the use of DOM tubing, chromoly FK heim joints, and tig welding throughout, they have been built not only to be rock solid, but last for a very long time.

For anyone serious about performance these are a great upgrade over stock. Up until now the only option for upgrading control arms has been just adding poly bushings or a lighter cast arm but still employs poly bushings. With a tubular arm and heim joints there is zero slop or play. The stock arms weigh in at 6lbs-9.4oz each and our arms weigh 5lbs-1.5oz. Which is 23% less. Not as much savings percentage wise compared to mk5/6 arms but the increased structural rigidity is immense considering that the MK7 stock arm is constructed of a single piece of stamped steel.

Camber is adjustable by sliding the ball joint in or out. Ball joints can be moved .75" outward creating more camber then any other arm can accommodate on the market. A full degree of caster has also been added to improve steering characteristics.

*FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY*

i was looking into these and found out that they are cool with changing up the specs. one of the things i was happy to see is that they lower heim joint can be custom to have them more inward or outward. meaning if your running different offset or wider wheels that dont make it the fender or you dont want the fender to limit you while you tuck this will help you out.

i asked them this and they came back with their answer. ill post it here.

you guys make this unit for the audi s3 and A3. i have a question about the camber adjuster.

"Camber is adjustable by sliding the ball joint in or out. Ball joints can be moved .75" outward creating more camber then any other arm can accommodate on the market."

i was curious if its possible to have one made to where i can pull inward about 1.00"inch? when lowering the car gets way too much camber so i would be more interested to reduce the camber so pulling inward is more essential for me. basically so i can still tuck a 9.5 wide inch wheel or even a 10.0 inch wheel.

i dont know if these are premade or made to order. please let me know if you can make these to my specs.

his answer is:

Most of our arms are made to order. We can absolutely accommodate that request, it isn't the first time someone wanted positive camber instead of negative.

We can make them so that max outward camber would be about stock spec and any adjustment would be towards the inside or positive camber.

You can place an order at anytime and around the same time send us another quick email so we know to tag the order with the request. It's no extra charge for special request.

Thanks,
Ryan

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #2
OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #3
EETMK7UACA-2T[1].jpg

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #4

Rich_Fan

Reactions
OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #6
i ordered them during their black friday sale and they just arrived. they have horible customer service. no phone numbers just an email if you have questions or problems. they reply if they "feel like it". many of my emails go unanswered most of the time.

as for the part i plan on installing them soon.

Rich_Fan

Reactions
i ordered them during their black friday sale and they just arrived. they have horible customer service. no phone numbers just an email if you have questions or problems. they reply if they "feel like it". many of my emails go unanswered most of the time.

as for the part i plan on installing them soon.
Let us know how the install goes and how they affect your car please.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

OP

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
Thread Starter #8
they are now installed. yay!!!

before i give you my initial review ill need to caveat something.

right after completing the installation and i got it aligned, the very next day i was in an accident with the car. some young idiot who was high on something decided to literally run right into my car while i was driving straight on the freeway. he has taken full responsibility via his insurance. so with that i have not been able to fully drive the car as intended with a damaged wheel.

what i can say so far is that i do feel a noticeable difference. its more tighter. straight and on lite or hard turns. and stopping. it feels like there is way way way way less slop. i dont notice too much nvh but again im looking for direct feel so i want the nvh. and honestly i think there are some but i want more.
the install wasnt bad at all. i did it myself. got an alignment and then the next day bam, idiot hit me.

things that most people didnt know about these lca;
with this lca, i am also able to bring the wheel in or out more/less if i desire. why would you want this, cause if i want any wheel to be flush with the fender, or if i want to install wider wheels i have about +/+1.0 inch pull or push from the zero point. so if i wanted i can do a wheel that is wider or if i just want wheel that has a deeper offset i can still install that. im only talking about appearance and i have not gotten deeper about the performance part of these.

performance adjustments are now available.
the lca now allows adjustment for toe, more or reduced camber, and caster. im no expert with alignment jargon but i do get the gist of it and it really does help with how the car handles. with the proper adjustments from the right alignment guy, youll be amazed on how the car handles. so far i have stock numbers on the alignment but once i find the right alignment shop that knows a thing or two about alignment ill be getting those number dialed in for toe, camber, and caster.

im on stock suspension for now. i can go more into this once i get a good run on it but for now its not being driven and getting ready for some body shop work from the accident. if i can get it to handle like its on rails with stock suspension ill be back to give you all the right review about upgrading these.

i do plan on upgrading even more suspension parts.
over all i really have to say it compliments the other suspension parts. i can feel a difference. it is worth upgrading to full spherical bearing.

anyone have questions feel free to ask.

Last edited: